WATER BILLS ARE DUE UPON RECIEPT, HOWEVER TO AVOID A LATE PENALTY, THEY MUST BE PAID BY THE 20TH OF THE MONTH.
- Water service shall be billed as follows:
- Water meters shall be read by the last day of each month.
- The Clerk shall prepare and issue bills for water service on or before the fifth day of each month.
- Bills for water service shall be due and payable at the office of the Clerk by the 20th of the month in which the billing is issued, TO AVOID A PENALTY.
- Bills not paid the 20th shall be considered delinquent. A penalty of ten dollars or ten percent of the amount due, whichever is greater, shall be added to each delinquent bill.
90.21 REDUCTION OF BILLING. No reduction of billing will be made in the event of any leakage between the water main and the building or premises served, or within the building or premises served. After the water has passed through the meter, it is the responsibility of the owner to maintain the water service pipe and all plumbing to prevent leaks.
For your convenience, there is a utility payment drop box in the front of City Hall or the option for Direct Pay that saves you time, effort and postage. Direct Pay is an automatic bank transfer from your checking or savings account on the 20th of each month in the amount of the utility bill you receive from us the first part of the month.