To download agenda click here
Granger Special City Council Agenda
May 28, 2020 – 7 p.m.
City Hall, 1906 Main Street
On March 17, 2020, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds issued a Proclamation of Disaster Emergency, which among other matters, ordered the prohibition of community gatherings of ten or more people at all locations. The Governor’s supplemental Proclamation of May 26, 2020, extended the restrictions to June 1, 2020. Therefore, an in-person meeting of the City Council is impossible or impractical as contemplated by Iowa Code Section 21.4(1)(b). As permitted by Iowa Code Section 21.8 the Special City Council meeting will be conducted by electronic means. The public is encouraged to access the meeting electronically in the manner specified below.
The meeting will be conducted by Zoom at the following Internet link or telephone numbers:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 834-5899-1533
If a Zoom user has the Zoom app, just enter the meeting ID
Or a member of the public may connect to the meeting by telephone using any of the following numbers (the Meeting ID is 834 5899 1533 #):
(312) 626 6799 (929) 205 6099 (669) 900 6833
Depending on the caller’s long distance calling plan, long distance charges may apply.
The meeting will originate in the City Hall office at 1906 Main Street (which will not be open to the public) at 7:00 p.m.
PUBLIC HEARING – on changing the zoning classification Parcel C being a part of the Northeast 1/4 of the Southeast 1/4 and part of the Northwest 1/4 of the Southeast 1/4 all in Section 1, Township 80 North, Range 26 West of the 5th P.M., Granger, Dallas County, Iowa, as shown on Plat of Survey Recorded in Book 2002, Page 767 of the Dallas County Records from A-1 to create P.U.D. Landing at Oxley Creek West Planned Unit Development
PUBLIC HEARING – on amendment of Ironwood Estates Conservancy PUD to allow Lots 1 through 4 to be developed as four single family residential lots or six townhomes
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Forum
- Action to approve request from Don Tuel at 2004 Cherry St to add fill to his streetside ditch.
- Action on Ordinance No. 388 – on amending Section 167.16 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Granger, Iowa to allow Lots 1 through 4 to be developed as four single family residential lots or six townhomes, first reading
- Action on Ordinance No. 389 – amending the official zoning map and Chapter 167 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Granger, Iowa, as amended, by adding Section 167.17 – Landing at Oxley Creek West Planned Unit Development, first reading
- Engineers Report
- Public Works Report
- Action to approve the purchase of fertilizer sprayer from Clive Power Equipment in the amount of $15,442.00 from the Parks budget
- Parks & Recreation Report
- Action to approve paying ½ of the Midwest Technologies invoice in the amount of $1,491.18 in this year’s budget (if monies allow) to order acoustic panels for the community center building so they can install while the building is still closed to the public
- Action to approve purchase of laptop in this year’s budget (if monies allow) from Access Systems in the amount of $1,881.62
- Action to approve purchase of painting of the cabinets in small conference room in this year’s budget (if monies allow) from Project Partners Design in the amount of $950
- Discussion and possible action to approve purchase of replacement water fountain for Centennial Park from Plumb Supply in the amount of $5,046.88.
- Discussion and possible action to approve purchase of replacement of Community Center window from LeafGuard in the amount of $3,220.00.
- Fire Department Report
- Discussion on revisions of Resolution 2015-2 to change certain credit card limits
- Action on Ordinance No. 390 – Amending Water Rates, first reading
- Discussion on draft Ordinance No. 391 – Amending the Code of Ordinances to Add Chapter 57 – Urban Chickens
- Action on Resolution 2020-13 – amendments to the Personnel Policy Handbook Manual
- Mayor Report
- Discussion of Reopening City Hall to the public
- Discussion of Reopening Playgrounds
- Discussion on water filter funding options
Kristy Trzeciak, City Clerk