To download agenda click here
Granger Special City Council Agenda
June 30, 2020 – 7 p.m.
City Hall, 1906 Main Street
On May 26, 2020, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds issued an updated Proclamation of Disaster Emergency, which among other matters, encouraged all vulnerable Iowans to limit their activities outside of their home including their participation in gatherings of any size and any purpose. Effective June 1st, the Governor’s Proclamation allows a community gathering (such as a public meeting) of more than ten persons so long as the venue capacity is limited and social distancing of at least six feet is maintained. The Governor further suspended state laws requiring a public meeting or hearing to extend the laws that could be interpreted to prevent a governmental body from limiting the number of people present for an in-person location of the meeting, providing the governmental body provides a means for the public to participate by telephone or electronically.
Since the meeting will be short, it was decided to conduct the meeting by Zoom instead of in-person. As permitted by Iowa Code Section 21.8 the Special City Council meeting will be conducted by electronic means. The public is encouraged to access the meeting electronically in the manner specified below.
The meeting will be conducted by Zoom at the following internet link or telephone numbers:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 878 7027 4695
If a Zoom user has the Zoom app, just enter the meeting ID 878 7027 4695
Or a member of the public may connect to the meeting by telephone using any of the following numbers (the Meeting ID is 878 7027 4695#).
Dial by your location
+1 (312) 626 6799 +1 (929) 205 6099 +1 (669) 900 6833
Depending on the caller’s long distance calling plan, long distance charges may apply.
The meeting will originate in the City Hall office at 1906 Main Street (which will not be open to the public) at 7:00 p.m. The Zoom connection will be available starting at approximately 6:55 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- Fire/Ambulance Report
- Action to approve the hiring of Shawn Benberg with an hourly rate of $14.50 (pending drug screen results)
- Action to approve the hiring of Gary Sanders with an hourly rate of $14.50
- Action to approve the hiring of Ty Wheeler with an hourly rate of $17.50
- Action to approve the hiring of Adam Whisler with an hourly rate of $17.50 (pending drug screen results)
- Action to approve the hiring of Joseph Patava with an hourly rate of $17.50 (pending background check and drug screen results)
- Action to approve the hiring of Colton Lippert with an hourly rate of $17.50 (pending background check and drug screen results)
- Discussion on authorizing the fire department to fill swimming pools
- Approve Engagement Letter with Piper Sandler for Water Project Financing
- Approval of Bills for Payment
Kristy Trzeciak, City Clerk