Full-Time Public Works Employee
The City of Granger is a fast-growing community located 10 minutes northwest of the Des Moines metro. It has excellent small schools and a great mix of new and well-settled families.
We are currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Public Works employee to assist in implementation of our City missions:
- Citizen Service Excellence
- Culture of Cooperation
- Personal/Professional Development
This is a full-time position of the Department of Public Works. The work involves assisting in implementation of public works activities and the job would report to the Public Works Director. It is performed in accordance with existing laws, city ordinances, and policies. Related work is performed as required.
- Assist in the construction of new streets and the repair, reconstruction, and maintenance of existing streets, curbing, culverts, bridges, parks, and all other City facilities.
- Work on the construction of new sewer lines and the reconstruction, maintenance, and cleaning of the existing sewer and drainage system and water and distribution system.
- Assist as needed with the operation and maintenance of the sewage treatment plant and water treatment plant.
- Collaborates and assists with other City personnel as necessary (parks, library, EMS/fire, etc.)
- Conducts the maintenance and operation of public buildings and street lighting systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Valid driver’s license and CDL Class B (or ability to obtain CDL, Class B within six months of hire)
- Willingness to obtain Grade 1 licenses in Water Treatment, Water Distribution and Waste Water within 18 months of hire
- Experience working in Public Works or with a municipality.
- Grade 1 level licensing in Water Treatment, Water Distribution, and Waste Water.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on assigned tasks, or with a team as needed.
Hours are standard FT working hours (8a-5p), but flexibility in scheduling may be required. On-call time periods on some nights/weekends will be required for water/sewer plant operations. It is preferable the candidate reside within 30 miles of Granger, but not necessarily required. EOE. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested parties should submit a completed and signed application, and/or resume and cover letter to Granger City Hall, PO Box 333, Granger, IA 50109, or by email at [email protected] or by fax (515) 999-2988. Applications can be obtained at www.grangeriowa.org or at Granger City Hall and will be accepted until the position is filled.
To download a job application click here