Granger Parks and Rec Board Meeting, March 4, 2020
General Agenda Items:
- Call to order: Jeri Wendzel called to order at 7:33 p.m.
- Roll Call: Present – Jeri Wendzel, Ryan Castro, Erik Smith, Angela Parks
Absent – Jennifer Kopp
Members of the Public – Jennifer Harned (Parks and Rec Director)
- Approval of the Agenda: Erik motions, Ryan seconds (all ayes)
- Approval of the February 19, 2020 minutes: Erik motions, Ryan seconds with change to a date that was wrong in the minutes and has been corrected. (all ayes)
- Public Forum – None
Board Discussion Items
- Director’s Report
- Playground Planning for Centennial – Funding for the playground equipment and surfacing at Centennial Park is available now. The budgeted amounts are as follows:
- $12,371 for surfacing Centennial with rubber mulch (using Emergency funds for 2020)
- $28,090 for Phase 1 replacement of equipment (using LOST 2020)
- $16,500 for Phase 2 replacement of equipment (using LOST 2020)
We need to place order by June for equipment. The City has approved it all so we can get it all done at once, no need for phases. Look at the catalog and website to see what we would like to add to the newest existing structures.
- Review Program Guide – The cover photo has been changed and content is almost done. We looked for errors and it should be ready to be mailed out by the end of the month.
iii. Collaboration with Library – Attended an Escape Chambers class on Friday (Feb. 21) to hopefully look at doing that in the future with the preteen/teen age range.
- The Business Experience with WGHS – The Business teacher pairs students with projects that need to be done with local businesses/offices. Keith Braunschweig is working with the Parks and Recreation Department to help develop a Park Naming Policy and a Shelter House Rental Agreement.
- Community Center Rental Agreement Changes – Changes to non-profit agreement and rental agreement. Add that a 21 day notice will be given to non-profits if the Parks & Recreation Department needs to make changes/cancellation due to a paying rental. Also, added a clause that says police can pop-in and inspect unannounced during any rentals without alcohol. Erik motions to approve all changes and Angela seconds. All ayes.
- CCRA & Parks Report
- The Parks budget sits at 36.6% spent (18.97% less than last year at this time) and the Community Center budget sits at 43.91% spent (1.28% more than last year at this time).
- Grants Update
- Build with Bags – Jen will that written up and submitted before next meeting. She’s hoping for more trash cans at Centennial Park.
- City Council Update Subjects:
- Come back with playground equipment suggestions at next meeting.
Old Business: none
- Next meeting will be Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 7:30 PM
Adjournment: Jeri motions to adjourn, Ryan seconds, all ayes, meeting adjourned at 8:22 p.m.
Submitted by Jeri Wendzel, Chair