To download agenda click here
Granger City Council Agenda
June 10, 2020 – 7 p.m.
Community Center, 2200 Walnut Street
On May 26, 2020, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds issued an updated Proclamation of Disaster Emergency, which among other matters, encouraged all vulnerable Iowans to limit their activities outside of their home including their participation in gatherings of any size and any purpose. Effective June 1st, the Governor’s Proclamation allows a community gathering (such as a public meeting) of more than ten persons so long as the venue capacity is limited and social distancing of at least six feet is maintained. The Governor further suspended state laws requiring a public meeting or hearing to extend the laws that could be interpreted to prevent a governmental body from limiting the number of people present for an in-person location of the meeting, providing the governmental body provides a means for the public to participate by telephone or electronically.
In compliance with the social distancing requirements for a public meeting, it is anticipated that as few as ten seats may be available to the public for the City Council meeting on June 10, 2020. Therefore, the public attendance at the meeting of the City Council must be limited to the capacity of the Community Center Building allowed by social distancing. As permitted by Iowa Code Section 21.8 the City Council meeting will also be conducted by electronic means. The public is encouraged to access the meeting electronically in the manner specified below.
The meeting will be conducted by Zoom at the following internet link or telephone numbers:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 857 3817 0516
If a Zoom user has the Zoom app, just enter the meeting ID 857 3817 0516
Or a member of the public may connect to the meeting by telephone using any of the following numbers (the Meeting ID is 857 3817 0516#).
Dial by your location
+1 (312) 626 6799 +1 (929) 205 6099 +1 (669) 900 6833
Depending on the caller’s long distance calling plan, long distance charges may apply.
The meeting will originate in the Community Center Building at 2200 Walnut Street (but the public attendance will be limited) at 7:00 p.m. The Zoom connection will be available starting at approximately 6:55 p.m.
- Roll Call
- Consent Agenda—Approval of Agenda; Approve May 13 and May 28, 2020, Minutes; Library Report; Treasurer Report
- Public Forum
- Joseph Dauterive – Action to approve request to close the street from the western edge of his property at 2310 Park Avenue to the eastern end of the street up to the intersection of Park Avenue and Vista View Drive (but not the intersection itself – Vista View would not be obstructed) to have a block party on Saturday, July 4th from Noon to Midnight. He will provide cones to close the street.
- Action on Ordinance No. 389 – amending the official zoning map Chapter 167 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Granger, Iowa, as amended, by adding Section 167.17 – Landing at Oxley Creek West Planned Unit Development, second reading
- Action on Ordinance No. 390 – amending Chapter 92 – Water Rates of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Granger, Iowa, second reading
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Improvements Project
- Schedule for remedial action of the building leakage
- City Engineer Report
- Reports on any other projects and matters
- Police Report
- Action to approve purchase of new radar in the amount of $2,069 from Radar Road Tec
- Action to approve purchase of single prisoner cage for new vehicle in the amount of $1,049 from Iowa Emergency Vehicle Installs
- Action to approve purchase of car computer system for vehicle in the amount of $5,335 from Mainstay Systems, Inc.
- Fire Department Report
- Ambulance Report
- Public Works Report
- Parks and Recreation Report
- Discussion and possible action to approve purchase of replacement of Community Center window
- Action to approve the Playground Design as attached for the budgeted amount of $57,000
- Action on approving Shelter House Agreement
- Action on approving Ball Field Usage Agreement.
- Action on approving updated Community Center Rental Agreement to include COVID-19
- Action on approving Phased Opening of Community Center with 50% Capacity Limit
- Clerk Report – Discussion and possible action to accept contract for allowing the use of credit and debit cards to pay for utility billing, permits and any other billing for the City of Granger
- Action on Resolution 2020-14 – amending Resolution 2015-2 to increase the credit card limit to $1,000 for Ambulance and $1,000 for Fire Departments
- Action on Ordinance No. 391 – amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Granger, Iowa, to add Chapter 57 – Urban Chickens, first reading
- Action to approve first annual grant payment to Eagle One Development, LLC for the amount of $35,378.96
- Not to Exceed $550,000 Water Revenue Capital Loan Notes
- Resolution 2020-15 fixing date for a meeting on the proposition to authorize a Loan Agreement and the issuance of Notes to evidence the obligations of the City thereunder (July 8, 2020 at 7:00 pm)
- Receive and review Auditor of State’s Report on Applying Agreed-Upon Procedures for the period July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019
- Granger Days Report
- Action to approve contract with J&M Displays and to allow increase of contract to $5,000 from $3,500 for a great fireworks display for Saturday, August 29th
- Library Board of Trustees
- Action to approve Mayor’s reappointment of Kelli Anliker for term ending June 30, 2026
- Action to approve 3% hourly raise for all non-exempt employees effective for pay period beginning June 29, 2020
- Report – Finance Committee – Saak and Brandt
- Mayor’s appointment of Finance Committee Member to replace Saak
- Approval of Bills for Payment
- Mayor’s Report
- Discussion of reopening City Hall, Community Center, Park Programs, and Library
Kristy Trzeciak, City Clerk