To download agenda click here
Granger City Council Agenda
April 8, 2020 – 7 p.m.
City Hall, 1906 Main Street
On March 17, 2020, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds issued a Proclamation of Disaster Emergency, which among other matters, ordered the prohibition of community gatherings of ten or more people at all locations. The Governor’s supplemental Proclamation of April 2, 2020, extended the restrictions to April 30, 2020. Therefore, an in-person meeting of the City Council is impossible or impractical as contemplated by Iowa Code Section 21.4(1)(b). As permitted by Iowa Code Section 21.8 the City Council meeting will be conducted by electronic means. The public is encouraged to access the meeting electronically in the manner specified below.
The meeting will be conducted by Zoom at the following Internet link or telephone numbers:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 151 969 153
If a Zoom user has the Zoom app, just enter the meeting ID
Or a member of the public may connect to the meeting by telephone using any of the following numbers (the Meeting ID is 151 969 153 #):
(312) 626 6799 (929) 205 6099 (669) 900 6833
Depending on the caller’s long distance calling plan, long distance charges may apply.
The meeting will originate in the City Hall office at 1906 Street (which will not be open to the public) at 7:00 p.m.
PUBLIC HEARING – ON THE MATTER OF THE PROPOSED AUTHORIXATION OF A LOAN AND DISBURSEMENT AGREEMENT AND THE ISSUANCE OF NOT TO EXCEED $180,000 GENERAL OBLIGATION CAPITAL LAN NOTES FOR AN ESSENTIAL CORPORATE PURPOSE
- Roll Call
- Consent Agenda—Approval of Agenda; Approve March 11, 2020, Minutes; Library Report; Treasurer Report; Liquor License for Mojitos (pending dram shop insurance)
- Public Forum
- Landing at Oxley Creek West PUD
- Plan and Zoning Commission Report
- Action to set Public Hearing on changing the zoning classification of Parcel C and Parcel B (Except Windcrest Plats 1,2, and 3) as shown on a Plat of Survey recorded in Book 2002 Page 767 from A-1 (Agricultural District) to create P.U.D. Landing at Oxley Creek West Planned Unit Development for 7:00 pm on May 13, 2020.
- Ironwood Estates Conservancy PUD Amendment
- Plan and Zoning Commission Report
- Action to set Public Hearing on Amendment of Ironwood Estates Conservancy PUD to allow Lots 1 through 4 to be developed as four single family residential lots or as six townhomes for 7:00 pm on May 13, 2020.
- City Engineer Report
- Bridge and Culvert Inspections
- Action to approve Agreement For Professional Services with Veenstra & Kimm, Inc. for Oxley Creek Culvert Project.
- Reports on any other projects and matters
- Action to Authorize a Loan and Disbursement Agreement and the issuance of Notes not to exceed $180,000 to evidence the obligations of the City thereunder for purchase of two ploy trucks for the use of the Public Works Department.
- Police Report
- Fire Department Report
- Review, and action to approve revised amendments to Fire/Ambulance Constitution
- Action to approve When I Work proposal for scheduling and attendance for 30 users for a total amount of $1267.50
- Action to approve quote to purchase pagers
- Action to approve the transfer of funds from general fund to the fire fund for unused fire township fees through June 30, 2020
- Ambulance Report
- Action to approve the hiring of Dr. David Stilley effective immediately as Medical Director with an annual pay of $2,500.00
- Action to approve Bound Tree quote in the amount of $10,059.99 for CAP 5 Standard EMS Machine w/Controller and Software for 12 months which covers Annual Service, Training and Support
- Public Works Report
- Discussion on multiple houses on a single meter pit for irrigation
- Parks and Recreation Report
- Action on Resolution 2020-09 – approving a Special Use Permit from April 8, 2020, to April 7, 2022, to James and Jannene Burt at 2010 Walnut Street to raise not more than eight laying chickens under certain conditions and restrictions
- Action to set public hearing on amendment to FY 2019-2020 City Budget for 7 p.m. on May 13, 2020
- Action to approve the change in IT support contract with Access Systems to add ISE/Advanced Cybersecurity Protection in the amount of $80 a month
- Action to approve Resolution 2020-10 – Infectious Disease Action Plan (COVID-19 Pandemic) including leave requirements mandated by federal law and compensation to City employees
- Report – Finance Committee – Saak and Brandt
- Approval of Bills for Payment
- Mayor’s Report
Kristy Trzeciak, City Clerk